This book is a guide to instruments used in ophthalmic surgery for trainees.
Beginning with a chapter describing basic instruments commonly used in surgery, each of the following sections is dedicated to instruments for subspecialty surgeries including cataract surgery, glaucoma surgery, retinal surgery, oculoplastic surgery, strabismus surgery, and much more.
The final chapters cover needles and sutures, and sterilisation of surgical instruments.
A comprehensive description and colour photographs are provided for each instrument.
- Guide to instruments used in ophthalmic surgery for trainees
- Covers basics instruments commonly used in surgery
- Describes different instruments for subspecialty surgeries
- Includes chapters on needles and sutures, and sterilisation of surgical instruments
Rajesh Sinha MD DNB FIACLE FRCS
Professor, Cornea, Lens and Refractive Surgery Services, Dr Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, All India Institute of Medial Sciences, New Delhi, India
Jeewan S Titiyal MD
Padma Shri Awardee, Professor and Head, Cornea, Cataract and Refractive Surgery Services, Dr Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Vijay Kumar Sharma MS
Consultant, Advanced Centre for Ophthalmic and Visual Sciences, Army Hospital Research and Referral, New Delhi, India
- Basic Instruments in Ophthalmic Surgery;
- Instruments for Cataract Surgery
- Instruments Used in Refractive Surgery
- Instruments for Corneal Surgeries and Eye Banking
- Instruments for Strabismus Surgery
- Instruments Used in Oculoplasty Surgeries
- Instruments for Glaucoma Surgeries
- Instruments Used in Vitreoretinal Surgeries
- Needles and Sutures in Ophthalmology
- Sterilization of Surgical Instruments;