Part of the World Clinics: Dermatology series, this book is a complete guide to the diagnosis and management of fungal infections of the skin.
Beginning with an overview, the book discusses the changing and rising incidence of fungal infections, causes of resistance, and different types of fungi.
The following sections cover therapy options including topical, systemic and physical remedies. Preventive measures are also discussed in detail.
The comprehensive text is supplemented by useful tables and more than 100 clinical images to enhance learning.
Other titles in the World Clinics: Dermatology series include ‘Acne’ and ‘Psoriasis’.
Comprehensive guide to fungal infections of the skin for clinicians
Part of the World Clinics: Dermatology series
Covers topical, systemic and physical therapy options
- Includes more than 100 clinical images and tables
Rashmi Sarkar MD MNAMS
Professor, Department of Dermatology, Maulana Azad Medical College and Associated LNJP Hospital, New Delhi, India
Seemal R Desai MD FAAD
Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Dermatology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Centre, Dallas, Texas, USA
1. Fungal Diseases
2. Classification & Background of Mycology
3. Superficial Fungal Infections – Dermatophytes
4. Other Superficial Fungal Infections- Piedra, Tinea Nigra, Cutaneous Candidiasis, Pityriasis Versicolor
6. Systemic Mycoses
7. Subcutaneous Mycoses
8. Overview of Antifungal Therapies
9. Topical Therapies for Cutaneous Fungal Infections
10. Topical Therapies for Onychomycosis
11. Physical Modalities of Treatment of Cutaneous Fungal Infections
12. Future Therapies for Cutaneous Fungal Infections
13. Rising Resistance in Cutaneous Infections and Strategies to Combat It
14. Tinea Incognito and Topical Corticosteroid Abuse in Dermatology
15. Changing and Rising Scenario of Cutaneous Fungal Infections: Causes and Solutions