Histology is a subspecialty of pathology involving the study of cells and tissues.
This book is a concise guide to histological techniques for clinicians and trainees. Divided into 24 sections, each chapter explains a different technique, from basic tissue fixation, staining and bone decalcification, to enzyme histochemistry, cytopathology, immunofluorescent techniques and much more.
This useful manual is enhanced by more than 200 illustrations and tables and provides the very latest techniques in the field.
- Concise guide to histological techniques for clinicians and trainees
- Each chapter explains a different method in detail
- Covers both basic and more advanced techniques
- Includes more than 200 illustrations and tables to enhance learning
Santosh Kumar Mondal MD
Associate Professor, Department of Pathology, Bankura Sammilani Medical College, West Bengal, India
1. Tissue Fixation and Fixatives 2. Tissue Processing, Microtomy and Paraffin Sections 3. Cryostat and Frozen Sections 4. Staining of Tissues—Basic Concept 5. Routine Haematoxylin and Eosin Stain 6. Carbohydrate Staining 7. Lipid Staining 8. Proteins and Nucleic Acid Staining 9. Connective Tissue Staining 10. Pigments and Minerals 11. Bone and Decalcification 12. The Nervous System 13. Some Special Stains 14. Enzyme Histochemistry and Histochemical Stains 15. Immunohistochemistry 16. Cell Block and Diagnostic Cytopathology 17. Plastic/Resin Embedding Media 18. Electron Microscopy 19. Immunofluorescent Technique 20. Museum Techniques 21. Light Microscopy 22. Molecular Diagnostic Techniques and Its Applications 23. In Situ Hybridisation and Fish 24. Appendix & Glossary