The new edition of this comprehensive manual has been fully updated to provide clinicians with the latest information and developments in the field of obstetrics.
The book emphasises the practical aspects of the specialty, providing discussion on specimens, instruments and drugs, physical features of the maternal pelvis and foetal skull, normal and complicated labour, assessment of foetal well-being, and imaging techniques.
The second edition of this book includes a brand new topic – ‘Nonimmune hydrops and foetal anaemia’.
Most chapters are presented in a question and answer format, with emphasis on topics commonly asked in examinations. More than 200 illustrations and tables are included to enhance learning.
- Fully revised, new edition providing latest developments in obstetrics
- Includes brand new chapter on ‘Nonimmune hydrops and foetal anaemia’
- Most chapters presented in question and answer format with emphasis on topics common in examinations
- Previous edition (9789350903995) published in 2013
Amitava Pal MBBS DGO MS DNBE FICMCH
Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Burdwan Medical College, Burdwan, West Bengal, India
Rupali Modak MBBS MD
Assistant Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, RG Kar Medical College, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
1. Specimens 2. Instruments and Drugs 3. Obstetrics Operations and Interventions 4. Maternal Pelvis and Fetal Skull 5. Normal Labor and Labor in Malposition and Presentation 6. Assessment of Fetal Well-being 7. Partograph 8. Ultrasonography in Obstetrics 9. X-rays in Obstetrics 10. Obstetric Cases 11. Flying Questions Appendix Index