This new edition presents cardiologists and trainees with the latest advances in the use and interpretation of echocardiography.
The book begins with an overview of the basic principles of ultrasound and Doppler and the clinical application of different echo-modalities including 2D Echo, M-mode Echo, Continuous Wave Doppler, and Pulsed Wave Doppler. Normal views and values are also detailed.
The following sections explain the use of echo in the diagnosis of different cardiac conditions such as congenital heart disease, coronary artery disease, pulmonary hypertension and much more. Potential pitfalls in diagnosis and differentiation between similar findings are discussed in depth.
The fourth edition is enhanced by nearly 200 echo images, diagrams and tables and the accompanying CD ROM demonstrates the technique for performing an Echo.
- Fourth edition presenting latest advances in use and interpretation of echocardiography
- Covers diagnosis of numerous cardiac disorders and potential pitfalls
- Includes CD ROM demonstrating Echo technique
- Previousedition (9788484489392) published in 2012
1. What is an Echo? 2. Conventional Echo 3. Color Doppler Echo 4. Echo Windows 5. Normal Views and Values 6. Ventricular Dysfunction 7. Cardiomyopathies 8. Coronary Artery Disease 9. Systemic Hypertension 10. Pulmonary Hypertension 11. Diseases of Aorta 12. Congenital Diseases 13. Valvular Diseases 14. Pericardial Diseases 15. Endocardial Diseases 16. Intracardiac Masses 17. Thromboembolic Diseases 18. Systemic Diseases Index
Atul Luthra MBBS MD DNB
Diplomate, National Board of Medicine; Physician and Cardiologist, Delhi, India