World Clinics: Obstetrics & Gynecology: Pregnancy Induced Hypertension, Volume 5, Number 1 is the latest issue in the World Clinics: Obstetrics & Gynecology series. Other topics in the series include endometriosis, recurrent miscarriage, contraception, postpartum haemorrhage, preterm labour, and perimenopausal health.
This issue begins with a discussion on medical management of pre-eclampsia and the role of magnesium sulphate in its treatment. The following chapters explain strategies for screening for hypertensive disorders in pregnancy, and associated factors such as kidney disease, and angiogenesis. Variants of pre-eclampsia including HELLP syndrome are also covered.
Enhanced by images and illustrations throughout, each article concludes with a summary of the topic and comments by the editors highlighting their own clinical experience.
- Latest issue in theWorld Clinics: Obstetrics & Gynecologyseries
- Other topics in the series include endometriosis, recurrent miscarriage, contraception, postpartum haemorrhage, preterm labour, and perimenopausal health
- Covers medical management of pre-eclampsia and its variants
- In depth discussion on role of magnesium sulphate in treatment of pre-eclampsia
1. Medical management of pre-eclampsia and role of magnesium sulphate 2. Kidney disease and pre-eclampsia 3. Strategies for screening for hypertensive disorders of pregnancy 4. Eclampsia 5.Angiogenic factors in pre- eclampsia 6. Pre-eclampsia with severe features remote from term 7. HELLP Syndrome 8. Post partum care and long term outcome 9. Preventive strategies for PIH 10. Role of low dose and single loading dose of magnesium sulphate in eclampsia
Mala Arora FRCOG FICOG FICMCH (Series editor)
Director, Noble IVF Centre, Faridabad, Haryana; Consultant, Fortis La Femme, New Delhi, India
Asha Rijhsinghani MD FACOG
Professor, Maternal Foetal Medicine, Albany Medical College, New York, USA
Baha M Sibai MD FACOG
Professor and Fellowship Director, Maternal Foetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The University of Texas Health Science Centre, Houston, Texas, USA