Conservative Dentistry is the branch of dentistry which is concerned with the conservation of teeth in the mouth. It involves operative dentistry and endodontics, and includes various kinds of direct and indirectrestorations of individual teeth in the mouth.
This new edition has been fully revised to provide dental students with the most up to date information in the field. Beginning with an introduction to the topic, the following chapters provide step by step guidancethrough tooth morphology, decay, and various treatment procedures.
New topics have been added to the second edition of this book including morphology of primary teeth, chair position and dental operatory, armamentarium, tooth preparation for primary teeth, adhesive dentistry, and examination spotters.
Each chapter concludes with self-assessment questions and features clinical images and line diagrams to assist understanding.
- Fully revised, new edition providing latest information in field of conservative dentistry
- Second edition includes many new topics
- Self-assessment questions conclude each chapter to assist revision
- Previous edition (9789350250778) published in 2011
Nisha Garg BDS MDS
Professor, Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Bhojia Dental College and Hospital, Baddi, Himachal Pradesh, India
Amit Garg BDS MDS
Associate Professor, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Sri Sukhmani Dental College and Hospital, Dera Bassi, Mohali, Punjab, India
1. Introduction to Preclinical Conservative Dentistry 2. Morphology of Permanent Teeth 3. Morphology of PrimaryTeeth 4. Structure, Nomenclature and Tooth Physiology 5. Chair Position and Dental Operatory 6. Dental Caries 7. Armamentarium 8. Principles of Tooth Preparation 9. Tooth Preparation for Amalgam and Composite Restorations 10. Tooth Preparation for Primary Teeth 11. Dental Materials 12. Adhesive Dentistry 13. Basics of Endodontics 14. Examination Spotters Glossary Index