This book is a comprehensive guide to the management of headaches.
Divided into five sections, chapters are presented in a question and answer format.
The book begins with an overview of headaches, explaining classification, diagnostic testing and pathophysiology.
The following sections cover primary headaches (migraine, tension-related) and secondary headaches (post trauma, vascular-related, infections).
The final sections discuss headaches in specific patient groups such as children, the elderly, women, and in pregnancy; and complementary and alternative therapies.
- Comprehensive guide to management of headaches
- Covers both primary and secondary headaches, and specific patient groups
- Includes section on complementary and alternative therapies
- Highly experienced, internationally recognised editor and author team
K Ravishankar MD
Consultant in Charge, The Headache and Migraine Clinics, Jaslok and Lilavati Hospitals, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Randolph Warren Evans
Clinical Professor, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston Texas, USA
Professor and Chairman, Faculty of Medicine, National Yang-Ming University School of Medicine, Deputy Director, Neurological Institute, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Part One: Overview of Headache
- TheHeadache-History And Examination
- TheHeadacheClassification – ICHD3 Beta
- Pathophysiology Of PrimaryHeadaches
- Role Of Genetics In Headache
Part Two: Primary Headaches
- Migraine: TheClinicalSpectrum
- Migraine: Epidemiology And Comorbidity
- Migraine: AcuteTreatment
- PreventiveTreatment of Migraine
- Tension-typeHeadache: The Normal Headache
- TACs – ClinicalFeatures
- TACs – TreatmentOptions
- New Daily Persistent Headache
Part Three: Secondary Headaches
- Post Traumatic Headache
- HeadachesDue To Vascular Disorders
- HeadachesDue To Low CSF Pressure
- HeadacheSecondary To Other Non-Vascular Disorders, Infections And Disorders Of
- Headachedue to Infections and Disorders of Homeostasis (Code 9 and 10)
- CranialNeuropathies, Facial Pain, CervicogenicHeadache
Part Four: Special Situations
- Headache And SystemicDisorders
- Headache In Children
- Headache In TheElderly
- Headache In Women
- Headache In Pregnancy And Post-Partum
- Headache: TheOphthalmologist’sPerspective
- Headache: ThePsychiatrist’sPerspective
- Headache: TheOtolaryngologist’sPerspective
Part Five: Miscellaneous Topics
- Complementary And AlternativeHeadacheTreatments
- Headache In Asia – How Are TheyDifferent?