This book is a comprehensive guide to neurosurgery, covering the complete field, from basic and clinical knowledge, to neurosurgical procedures.
Beginning with an introduction to neuroanatomy and neurophysiology, the following chapters provide detail on neurological phenomena including altered consciousness, neuro-ophthalmology, neurotology and neurourology. Two sections then discuss cortical malformation, leading onto paediatric neurosurgery.
The following chapters provide in depth discussion on essential neuroradiology, then neurosurgical techniques for a range of disorders and injuries, including tumours, seizures, head and spinal trauma, vascular malformations, and stroke.
This practice book is highly illustrated with clinical photographs, diagrams and tables.
- Comprehensive guide to neurosurgery, from basics knowledge to surgical procedures
- Provides overview of neuroanatomy, neurophysiology and various neurological phenomena
- Covers neurosurgical techniques for numerous disorders and injuries
- Highly illustrated with clinical photographs, diagrams and tables
- Surgical Neuroanatomy, Neurovascular Anatomy, Neurophysiology Overview
- Neurology Overview
- Altered Consciousness
- Malformations of Cortical Development
- Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Infectious Neurosurgery
- Seizures and Epileptic Surgery
- Functional Neurosurgery
- Pain Neurosurgery
- Cranial Tumors and Tumor Syndromes
- Primary Brain Tumors
- Radiation Neurosurgery
- Spine and Spinal Cord
- Peripheral Neurosurgery
- Head Trauma
- Traumatic Injuries of the Spine
- Stroke/Cerebrovascular Accidents
- Subarachnoid Hemorrhage and Aneurysms
- Vascular Malformations
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage
- Occlusive Cerebrovascular Disease
- Neurosurgical Operations and Procedures Supplement