This book is a practical guide to the diagnosis, pathophysiology and management of cardiac disorders.
Beginning with an overview of symptoms and signs of cardiopulmonary diseases, the following chapters cover treatment options for different disorders. New strategies for the treatment of Type 2 diabetes are discussed in depth. The final section explains a new method for obtaining better quality recordings from ECGs.
Authored by an Ontario-based specialist in cardiology, this comprehensive manual is illustrated with clinical images and figures.
- Practical guide to diagnosis, pathophysiology and management of cardiopulmonary disorders
- Provides overview of signs and symptoms
- Presents new strategies for treatment of Type 2 diabetes
- Authored by Ontario-based specialist in cardiology
1. Symptoms and signs of cardiopulmonary diseases ( Evaluation of: Chest pain, Shortness of breath, Edema, Bothersome cough ) 2. Angina, Stable and Unstable 3. Diabetes caused by Beta blockers, diuretics and statins 4. Hypertension, Drug treatment 5. ECG Interpretation made easy 6. Chest X-ray interpretation 7. Myocardial infarction 8. Heart failure 9.Endocarditis 10. Drugs for the heart 11. Pericarditis, myocarditis 12. Aortic Dissection 13. Syncope new concepts and treatment 14. Management of Dyslipidemias 15. Valve Diseases 16. Arrhythmias diagnosis and treatment 17. Diabetes new concepts and treatment 18. Cardiomyopathies 19. Beta blocker choice, to prevent fatal heart attacks 20. Medicinal supplements 21. Cardiac arrest 22. ECGs, a new method for obtaining better quality recordings
Gabriel M Khan MB BCh MD FRCP FACP FACC
Associate Professor, Department of Medicine and Division of Cardiology, University of Ottawa, Ontario; Cardiologist, The Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada