This issue of World Clinics: Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine focuses on respiratory critical care, presenting an up-to-date collection of articles on the latest developments in the field, authored by internationally renowned experts.
The book begins with an introduction to respiratory critical care and assisted ventilation. The following chapters discuss different disorders including acute COPD and asthma, acute respiratory distress syndrome, pulmonary thromboembolism, and chronic respiratory failure.
The final sections cover critical care in poisoning cases, nutritional management in the ICU, interpretation of arterial blood gases and acid-base abnormalities, and ICU infections and antibiotics.
Each article concludes with comments by the editor highlighting their own experience and summarising the chapter. The book is enhanced by images, table and figures.
- Evidence-based review of respiratory critical care topics providing an overview of the latest advances in the field
- Part of theWorld Clinics: Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicineseries
- Each article concludes with comments by the editor
- Comprehensive text enhanced by images, tables and figures
1. Editorial 2. Abbreviations 3. Evolution and the Core of Critical Care 4. Assisted Ventilation 5. Weaning from Assisted Ventilation 6. Management of Acute Severe Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and Asthma 7. Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome 8. Pulmonary Thromboembolism 9. Critical Care in Case of Poisoning 10. Chronic Respiratory Failure 11. Nutritional Management in the Intensive Care Unit 12. Interpretation of Arterial Blood Gases and Acid-base Abnormalities 13. Intensive Care Unit Infections and Antibiotics
Surinder K Jindal MD FCCP
Professor and Head, Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Randeep Guleria MD DM
Head, Department of Pulmonary Medicine and Sleep Disorders, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India