In this edition, all chapters have been revised and 20 new chapters have been added. New chapters/sections added in this edition include imaging of chest including X-ray and computed tomography scan; endobronchial ultrasound and its uses; fractional exhaled nitric oxide; nasal nitric oxide; acute laryngotracheobronchitis; pulmonary fungal infections; allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis; assessment of airway inflammation; preschool wheezing; obesity and asthma; hypersensitivity pneumonitis; environment and lung diseases; neuromuscular diseases and lungs; central hypoventilation syndrome; pulmonary arterial hypertension; pulmonary injury due to pharmacological agents; sudden infant death syndrome; genetics and pulmonary illnesses; chronic care of respiratory illnesses at home; airway clearance techniques; oxygen therapy; aerosol therapy; and pharmacology of pediatric pulmonary disorders. All the chapters are revised to include diagnostic and treatment algorithms. More tables, figures, and line diagrams have been included in the existing chapters. The “key points” provides a summary for quick reference. This new edition of book will provide the necessary information required for the management of acute and chronic respiratory diseases in children, meeting the needs of pediatricians, specialists, and pediatric residents.
- A comprehensive book on respiratory diseases in children that provides evidence based diagnostic and treatment algorithms, specifically useful for paediatricians and physicians dealing with respiratory illnesses in this population subset
- Provides a strong foundation for better understanding of pathophysiology of respiratory diseases in children
- The book has been divided into 8 sections – respiratory tract infections, asthma, non-infectious diseases, congenital malformations, pleural diseases, neoplasms, intensive care in pulmonology, and therapeutics
- Various sections include chapters to address all the major categories of pulmonary disease, including acute and chronic lung diseases, congenital pulmonary abnormalities, asthma, cystic fibrosis, interstitial lung disease, and many more
- Contributions by experts in this field