The salient features of the second edition are that many chapters are written by the experts of their fields and the language is kept simple and lucid. Based on the BDS curriculum, some new topics have been added: Shock, Syncope and Circulatory Collapse, Diseases of Nasopharynx, Principles of Tissue Replacement and Principles of Tissue Biopsy. Each chapter has been updated with high quality photographs, flowcharts and boxes with quick reference keypoints.
- Primarily aimed at undergraduate medical students (BDS as well as MBBS), but would serve as a ready reference for the postgraduate students also
- All the topics are covered as per the BDS syllabus in a comprehensive manner using simple language
- A large number of high-resolution color photographs and line diagrams are incorporated for easy understanding of the subject
- Addition of boxes and flowcharts would give salient points and help the reader in quick revision
- Important topics have been explained with interesting case summaries followed by learning points from the cases
- Management guidelines of various ailments have been revised and updated on the basis of recent developments
- Relevant minor operations and ward procedures are recorded in an interactive CD Rom, covering stepwise important steps for easy learning of the procedures.