1. Exercise and Diabetes: Personal Prescriptions
2. Medical Nutrition Therapy for Adults with Diabetes and Related Topics
3. Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: Is a Cure in Sight?
4. Management of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: A Pathophysiologic Approach
5. Inpatient Management of Diabetes
6. Clinical Pearls for the Management of Diabetes in Pregnancy
7. Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease: Tackling the Problem
8. Update on the Management of Diabetic Retinopathy
9. Diabetic Neuropathy: Emphasis on Neuropathic Pain
10. Diabetic Nephropathy
11. Hypoglycemia in Diabetes
12. Bariatric Surgery and Its Role in the Management of Diabetes
13. Retaining and Regaining Pancreatic β-Cells to Treat Diabetes
14. Cells to Treat Diabetes
15. Role of Non-physician Healthcare Providers in Diabetes Management
Part of the recognised Clinical Focus Series, this book is a guide to the management of diabetes mellitus.
Beginning with discussion on the role of exercise and nutrition, the next chapters look at the characteristics of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
The following sections cover the management of long-term complications of diabetes including diabetic retinopathy, diabetic neuropathy, cardiovascular disease, diabetic nephropathy, hypoglycaemia, and more.
The final chapters discuss the role of bariatric surgery, and retaining and regaining pancreatic β-cells in the management of diabetes.
Up to date reviews of current practice recommendations for management of the disease and its complications are included.
- Guide to the management of diabetes mellitus covering various long-term complications
- Part of the recognised Clinical Focus Series
- Reviews current practice recommendations
- Internationally recognised editor team from Eastern Virginia Medical School, US
Romesh Khardori MD Phd FACP FRCP
Professor of Medicine
Jagdeesh Ullal MD MS CCD ECNU FACE FACP
David C Lieb MD FACE FACP
All at Department of Internal Medicine, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, Virginia, United States