The new edition of this comprehensive guide to internal medicine for trainees, has been fully revised to provide the latest information and advances in the field. Each section covers the pathophysiology, signs and symptoms, investigation techniques, diagnosis and treatment options of clinical syndromes and diseases in a different organ system of the body, including the central nervous system, respiratory system, endocrine system, skin, blood, kidneys and much more. Topics have been thoroughly updated and new chapters on general physical examination and examination of the neurological, respiratory and gastrointestinal systems, have been added to the fourth edition. Clinical photographs, illustrations and tables further enhance the practical text.
* Fully revised, new edition providing trainees with the latest advances in internal medicine
* Covers numerous diseases and disorders in all organ systems
* Fourth edition includes new chapters on physical examination
* Previous edition (9780729540810)published in 2015
Contains updated and revised thoroughly the sections on cardiology, nephrology, neurology, and respiratory system
• A student-friendly book
• Provides a solid understanding of the pathophysiology of diseases
• Helps in the development of strong clinical approach of common clinical syndromes
• Boosts up your confidence in the management of diseases of various organ systems
• Covers all the aspects of medicine that are pertinent for undergraduate medical students
• Contains simple, lucid approach with many flowcharts and line diagrams depicting all the essential points of internal medicine
• Includes plenty of radiologic images and electrocardiograms for an easy understanding of the concepts
• Adds new chapters on general physical examination and examination of different systems like neurology, respiratory, gastrointestinal, etc.
• Primarily meant for effective and meaningful guidance in theoretical examination on medicine, but also serves as a useful companion in clinical practice.