Dermoscopy is an invaluable instrument for the evaluation of skin, nail and hair conditions and evidence is now irrefutable regarding its ability to increase the clinician’s diagnostic accuracy. This Pocket Guide to Dermoscopy provides concise up-to-date information to help identify benign and malignant skin lesions and to diagnose a myriad of skin, nail and hair diseases. This Pocket Guide to Dermoscopy will convey, via concise text, algorithms and schematics, the information necessary to improve one’s sensitivity and specificity in evaluating skin lesions. The algorithms are designed to provide a simple and practical approach to dermoscopy and provide the foundation on which to build one’s expertise. The schematics, by highlighting dermoscopic structures and patterns, provide an easy means of conveying, learning, understanding, visualizing, and remembering the salient dermoscopic features.
Thispocketguideisdesigned to deliverthesalientpoints of dermoscopyviaconcisetext, highlightedthemostrelevant and importantdermoscopicstructures and featuresrequired to evaluate skin lesions, naillesions and hairconditions
• The text is complemented by:
- Easy-to-follow algorithms and flow charts
- Clear and easy-to-understand schematics
- Exemplar dermoscopy images emphasizing specific features discussed in the text and illustrated in the schematics
• The information in this book is intended to provide the foundation on which to build one’s expertise in dermoscopy.