This book is a practical guide to recent advances in the field of gastroenterology.
This new edition has been fully revised and new topics added. Chapters cover the diagnosis and management of disorders in all areas of the gastrointestinal system.
New to the second edition, are chapters on the latest modalities including nuclear medicine, positron emission tomography, and gastrointestinal manometry. Common geriatric and paediatricproblems in gastroenterology have also been included in this edition.
The book is enhanced by clinical photographs, illustrations and tables, many of which are new to this edition.
- New edition of practical guide to field of gastroenterology
- Fully revised, second edition with addition of many new topics and images
- Covers latest advances in imaging and treatment
- Previouseditionpublished (9788180619083) in 2008
1. Aphthous Ulcers 2. Oral Manifestations of Gastrointestinal Disease 3.Managing Dysphagia 4. Nausea and Vomiting: A Common Clinical Problem 5. Managing Recurrent Hiccups 6.Differential Diagnosis of Abdominal Pain 7.Peptic Ulcer in the Era of Helicobacter pylori 8.Pathogenesis and Management of Acute Diarrhoea 9.Chronic Diarrhoea10.Constipation 11.Intestinal Tuberculosis 12.Inflammatory Bowel Disease 13.The Gastrointestinal Tract and HIV 14. Irritable Bowel Syndrome: The Brain Speaks to the Gut 15. Intestinal Gas Syndromes 16. Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders: All in the Mind 17. Gastrointestinal Polyps and Polyposis Syndromes 18.Anorectal Disorders 19.Management of Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding 20.Management of Lower Gastrointestinal Bleeding 21.Acute Pancreatitis 22.Chronic Pancreatitis 23. How to Investigate a Patient with Jaundice? 24. Hepatitis A 25. Hepatitis E 26. Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C: Magnitude of the Problem and Prevention 27. Treatment of Hepatitis B 28.Treatment of Hepatitis 29.Management of Cholestasis 30.Cirrhosis Liver Management and Prevention of Complications 31.Management of Ascites 32.Hepatic Encephalopathy Testing Clinical Talents 33.Alcohol and the Liver 34.Non alcoholic 35.Acute Liver Failure 36.Investigation and Management of Gallstone Disease 37. Acute Abdomen: A Challenge to the Surgeon and Physician 38. Acute Appendicitis: Do’s and Don’ts 39. Getting Rid of Intestinal Parasites 40.Common Gastrointestinal Malignancies 41.Nutrition in Gastrointestinal Diseases 42.Conventional Imaging in Gastroenterology 43. Imaging in Gastroenterology: Newer Modalities 44. Imaging in Gastro enterology: A Pattern and Symptom-based Approach 45. Role of Nuclear Medicine and PET-CT in Gastroenterology Practice 46. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy: The Basics 47. Endoscopic Imaging 48.Advances in Therapeutic Endoscopy 49.Esophageal Manometry in Practice for Motility Disorders of the Esophagus 50.Recurrent Abdominal Pain in Children 51. Jaundice in Children 52. Gastrointestinal Problems in the Elderly Appendix Index
V Balakrishnan MD DM FACG FAMS
G Rajesh MD DNB MNAMS
Both at Department of Gastroenterology, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Kochi, Kerala, India