This new edition has been fully updated to provide trainees with the latest
guidelines for diagnosis and examination in clinical medicine.
Beginning with a general introduction to the topic, the following sections discuss signs and symptoms and examination techniques for different systems of the body, including cardiovascular, respiratory, abdominal, and the central nervous system. The final chapter presents problem-oriented charts with probable diagnosis.
The second edition includes new photographs, charts, X-Rays and ECGs, as well as self assessment questions in each chapter to assist revision.
- New edition providing latest guidelines for diagnosis and examination in clinical medicine
- Includes self assessment questions to help revision
- Second edition features new photographs, charts, X-Rays and ECGs
- Previous edition (9788184481716) published in 2008
1. Introduction to Clinical Medicine
2. General Examination
3. Cardiovascular System Examination
4. Respiratory System Examination
5. Abdomen Examination
6. Central Nervous System Examination
8. Chest X-rays
10. Problem-oriented Charts with Probable Clinical Diagnosis
T V Devarajan BSC MD FCIP FACM FCCP FRCP DSC
Emeritus Professor of Medicine, Aarupadai Veedu Medical College and Hospitals
Puducherry; Senior Consultant Physician, Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
L Vijayasundaram MD
Senior Professor of Medicine, Senior Consultant Physician, Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Science and Medical College, Puducherry, India