Pictorial Atlas of Thyroid Imaging is a concise, highly illustrated guide from
an Abu Dhabi based editorial team of radiology and endocrinology experts.
Divided into eight chapters, the book introduces the basics of interpretation of thyroid and parathyroid ultrasound images, as well as providing more advanced guidance for practitioners with experience of these techniques. The first chapter covers the thyroid gland, including normal thyroid and post thyroidectomy changes, followed by a range of conditions which might require imaging, such as congenital disorders, nodular diseases, thyroiditis and hyperthyroidism.
Each chapter covers different lesions of the thyroid gland, with accompanying
images and in-depth descriptions to assist fundamental radiology reporting skills.
The book concludes with a chapter on the parathyroid glands and a miscellaneous
Enhanced by 750 high quality ultrasound and pathology images, and images of tumour types, Pictorial Atlas of Thyroid Imagingis an excellent resource for interns, endocrinologists and endocrine surgeons.
• Highly illustrated atlas of thyroid imaging
• Covers a variety of thyroid and parathyroid lesions
• UAE based editorial team with expertise in radiology and endocrinology
• 750 high quality images using a range of imaging modalities
1. The Thyroid Gland 1.1 Normal Thyroid 1.2 Post Thyroidectomy Changes 2. Congenital Disorders of the Thyroid 3. Goiter 4. Nodular Diseases of the Thyroid 4.1 Benign Looking Nodules 4.2 Suspicious Nodules 4.3 Lymph Nodes 4.4 Thyroid Cancer Residual/Recurrent Disease 5. Thyroiditis 6. Hyperthyroidism 7. Parathyroid Glands 8. Miscellaneous Index
Rajanikant Bhatt MD DMRE
Consultant Radiologist, Imperial College London Diabetes Center, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Huda Ezzeddin Mustafa MSc FRCP (Edin & UK) FACE ECNU
Consultant in Endocrinology & Diabetes, Sheikh Khalifa Medical City/Cleveland Clinic, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.