Step by Step Radiation Therapy: Treatment and Planning is a practical guide
to radiation therapy. The book covers basic principles, planning and delivery
of radiation treatment in a step by step manner.
Divided into 21 chapters, the book begins with the basics of radiation therapy planning. Subsequent chapters cover radiation therapy for a range of tumours, including breast, gastrointestinal, thoracic, central nervous system, genitourinary, thyroid, bone and soft tissue tumours.
Other topics include the treatment of Hodgkin’s disease, irradiation of blood products and spleen, palliative radiotherapy, re-irradiation, magna field radiotherapy, and radiotherapy of non-malignant diseases.
The book concludes with information on emergency radiotherapy, management of side-effects, and teletherapy instruments. Step by Step Radiation Therapy: Treatment and Planning provides information on the most recent advances in the field of radiation therapy, enhanced by full colour illustrations throughout the book, making this an essential resource for postgraduate trainees and oncologists.
• Practical guide to basic principles, planning and delivery of radiation therapy
• Covers therapy for a wide range of tumours
• Information on recent advances in radiation therapy
• Full colour illustrations throughout
1. Basics of Radiation Therapy Planning 2. Head and Neck Cancer 3. Gynecologic Tumors 4. Carcinoma of Breast 5. Gastrointestinal Tract Tumors 6. Thoracic Tumors 7. Central Nervous System 8. Central Nervous System (CNS) Tumors in Children 9. On-CNS Solid Tumors in Children 10. Genitourinary Cancer 11. Thyroid Malignancies 12. Hodgkin’s Disease 13. Irradiation of Blood Products and Spleen 14. Palliative Radiotherapy 15. Re-Irradiation 16. Magna Field Radiotherapy 17. Bone and Soft Tissue Tumors 18. Radiotherapy of Non-Malignant Diseases 19. Emergency Radiotherapy 20. Radiation Therapy Accompaniments and their Management 21. Teletherapy Machines and Other Instruments Index
Arun Kumar Rathi MBBS (Gold Medalist), MD
Professor of Radiotherapy, Maulana Azad Medical College and Associated Lok Nayak Hospital, GB Pant, Hospital, Guru Nanak Eye Centre, New Delhi, India