This book is a comprehensive guide to paediatric oncology for trainees and practising clinicians.
Beginning with an introduction to epidemiology and cytogenetics, the following chapters discuss different varieties of childhood cancer, covering their etiology, classification, clinical features, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis.
The book then examines issues such as imaging, radiation therapy, oncologic emergencies, stem cell transplant, palliative care, and cancer vaccines.
The final chapters include discussion on evidence-based paediatric oncology practice, taken from The Cochrane Library (a collection of six databases that contain different types of high-quality, independent evidence to inform healthcare decision-making – www.thecochranelibrary.com), as well as Frequently Asked Questions from a parent’s perspective.
- Comprehensive guide to paediatric oncology
- Covers diagnosis and treatment of numerous varieties of childhood cancer
- Discussion on evidence-based practice from The Cochrane Library
- Includes FAQs from a parent’s perspective
Rakesh Mondal MD(PGI) DNB PDSR (SGPGI) MNAMS MRCPCHI
Paediatric Immuno-Oncologist, Associate Professor
Sumantra Sarkar MD
Both at Department of Paediatric Medicine, Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research and Seth Sukhlal Karnani Memorial Hospital, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
1. History of Paediatric Oncology 2. Epidemiology of Childhood Cancer 3. Immune Biology of Immune Malignancy 4. Cytogenetics in Pediatrics 5. Flow Cytometric Immunophenotyping in Diagnosis of Acute Leukemias 6. Chemotherapy in Pediatric Oncology 7. Acute Lymphoblastic Lymphoma 8. Hodgkin’s Disease 9. Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma in Children 10. Myeloid Leukemia in Children 11. Pediatric Myelodysplastic Syndrome 12. Pediatric Histiocytic Disorders 13. Pediatric Solid Tumours 14. Adrenal Carcinoma 15. Pheochromocytomas 16. Soft Tissue Tumour 17. Brain Tumour 18. Bone Tumours 19. Neoplasm in the Neonates 20. Adolescent Oncology 21. Ovarian Germ Cell Tumour 22. Breast Cancer 23. Miscellaneous Neoplastic Disorders in Children (Hepatoblastoma/Retinoblastoma/Germ Cell tumour) 24. Rare Carcinomas in Pediatric Oncology 25. Opportunistic Infection in Pediatric Oncology 26. Immunization and Antibiotic Policy in Pediatric Oncology 27. Transfusion Practice in Pediatric Oncology: Blood and Blood Component Therapy 28. Corticosteroid in Childhood Cancer 29. Nuclear Medicine Practices in Pediatric Oncology 30. Radio-imaging in Pediatric Oncology 31. Radiation in Pediatric Oncology 32. Pediatric Oncologic Emergencies 33. Intensive Care Issues in Pediatric Oncology Patients 34. Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant 35. Growth Factors and Biologicals in Pediatric Oncology 36. Nutritional Support in Pediatric Cancer Patient 37. Palliative Care in Pediatric Oncology 38. Psychosocial Issues in Pediatric Oncology 39. Nursing Practices in Pediatric Oncology 40. Managing Pediatric Cancer Patients with Limited Resources 41. Training and Research in Pediatric Oncology 42. Cancer Vaccines 43. Biomedical Statistics: A Snapshot 44. Childhood Cancer Survivors 45. Evidenced-based Pediatric Oncology Practice 46. Frequently Asked Questions: Parent Perspective 47. Modern Technology and ChildhoodCancers—The Interface