The new edition of this book has been fully revised with the latest advances in anaesthesia practice. Each chapter presents a step by step decision making algorithm with explanatory text and supplemental tables, providing clinicians and trainees with answers for nearly 250 anaesthetic management problems.
General principles in anaesthesia care are discussed, as well as detailed examination of preoperative problems, anaesthesia in surgical specialty areas, postoperative management, and perioperativemanagement. The fifth edition includes many new topics including robotic-assisted procedures, heart failure, epilepsy surgery, traumatic brain injury and much more.
Authored by respected experts from University of Texas Health Science Centre, the book is enhanced by clinical photographs and diagrams to assist learning. Previous edition published in 2007.
- Fully revised, new edition detailing latest advances in anaesthesia practice
- Chapters presented with step by step decision making algorithm with explanatory text and tables
- Fifth edition includes many new topics
- Internationally recognised author team from University of Texas Health Science Centre
Lois Bready MD
Professor, Department of Anaesthesiology, Vice Dean, Graduate Medical Education
Susan Noorily MD
Professor, Department of Anesthesiology
Rosemary Hickey MD
Professor, Department of Anesthesiology; Professor, Department of Neurosurgery
All at University of Texas Health Science Centre, San Antonio, Texas, USA
1. Principles Of Anesthesia 2. Preanesthesia Assessment 3. Preoperative Problems: Pulmonary And Thoracic Disorders 4. Preoperative Cardiovascular Problems 5. Preoperative NeurologicAnd Neuromuscular Problems 6. Preoperative Endocrine Problems 7. Preopertive Gi Problems 8. Preoperative Hematological Functions 9. Preoperative Renal Problems 10. Other Preoperative Problems 11. Specialty Anesthesia And Cardiothoracic & Vascular Anesthesia 12. Neuroanesthesia 13. Pediatric Anesthesia 14. Obstetric And Gynecologic Anesthesia 15. Anethesia For General Surgery 16. Urologic Anesthesia 17. Anesthesia And Transplantation 18. Anesthesia For Endoscopy And Head And Neck Surgery 19. Ophthalmologic Anesthesia 20. Anesthesia For Spinal And Orthopedic Procedures 21. Trauma Anesthesia 22. Remote Locations 23. Postoperative Management 24. Perioperative Emergencies 25. Administrative Issues