Handbook of Infertility & Ultrasound for Practising Gynecologists is a comprehensive and highly illustrated guide to diagnosing and managing infertility, and the use of various ultrasound techniques.
The book is divided into 23 chapters across two sections; infertility and ultrasound, with both sections guiding provisional diagnosis, investigations and final diagnosis. The first section details the assessment of an infertile couple, followed by discussion on the advantages and disadvantages of different hormone treatments.
Other chapters in the infertility section include discussion on methods in intrauterine insemination which could improve pregnancy rates, information on ovulation induction, male infertility, and practical tips for infertility management. The second section covers a range of imaging techniques and their application in investigating infertility. The roles of colour Doppler, 3D and 4D ultrasound are covered in detail.
Featuring 436 illustrations and images, Handbook of Infertility & Ultrasound for Practising Gynecologists is an invaluable resource for postgraduates, practising gynaecologists and infertility practitioners.
- Comprehensive guide to diagnosing and managing infertility, and the use of ultrasound in obstetrics and gynaecology
- Includes debate on advantages and disadvantages of various infertility treatments
- 436 illustrations and images
Section 1 Infertility
· Counselling of an Infertile Couple
· Hormonal Assessment of an Infertile Couple
· Clomiphene Citrate
· Intrauterine Insemination
· Sperm Preparation
· Luteal Phase Defect
· Ovulation Induction in PCOS
· Medical Management of Male Infertility
· Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
· Practical Tips for Infertility Management
Section 2 Ultrasound
· Basic Transvaginal Sonography
· Ultrasound of Uterine Diseases
· Ultrasound in Gynecology: Adnexal Diseases
· Cycle Assessment for Infertility Treatment by Ultrasound
· Normal and Abnormal First Trimester Pregnancy
· Fetal Screening for Chromosomal Anomalies
· Systematic Examination of Fetal Central Nervous System
· Fetal Echocardiography for Obstetrician
· Role of Ultrasound in Diagnosis and Management of IUGR
· USG in Male Infertility
· 3D and 4D Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Sonal Panchal MD
Professor, Dubrovnik International University, Dubrovnik, Croatia, Academic Director, Ian Donald Inter-University School of Medical Ultrasound, India