Common Problems in Cardiology is a comprehensive guide to common cardiology disorders. Each disorder is described by its pathophysiology, clinical presentation, diagnosis, risks, treatment and management.
The book is divided into 23 chapters, each covering a specific disorder, from chest pain and hypertension, to pericardial diseases and cardioembolic stroke. A complete differential diagnosis and analysis is provided with each symptom. Information on cardiovascular risk and non cardiac surgery, preoperative cardiac diagnostic testing, preoperative assessment of patients with valvular heart disease, and revascularisation prior to noncardiac surgery is also provided.
Common Problems in Cardiology covers perioperative management of coronary stents, beta-blockade, statin use, pacemakers and anticoagulation management, as well as preoperative assessment of candidates for kidney and liver transplantation.
Edited by Kanu Chatterjee, Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of Iowa and Emeritus Professor of Medicine at the University of California, this authoritative and comprehensive book is an ideal resource for postgraduates, interns, general physicians and practising cardiologists.
- Comprehensive guide to common cardiology disorders
- Format clearly presents pathophysiology, presentation diagnosis, risks, treatment and management
- Full colour illustrations, images and tables throughout
- Edited by US based expert in the field of cardiology
- Chest Pain
- Stable Ischemic Heart Disease
- Acute Coronary Syndromes
- Dyspnea: Evaluation and Management
- Heart Failure with Reduced Ejection Fraction
- Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction
- Hypotension and Shock
- The Essentials of Pulmonary Hypertension
- Aortic and Mitral Valve Disease
- Infective Endocarditis
- Prosthetic Heart Valves
- Pericardial Diseases
- The Bradyarrhythmias
- Atrial Fibrillation
- The Tachyarrhythmia
- Claudication and Peripheral Artery Disease
- Acute Aortic Syndromes
- Cardioembolic Stroke
- Assessment of the Cardiac Patient for Noncardiac Surgery