SECTION 1: NEUROLOGICAL EVALUATION
- Clinical Neuroanatomy
- Making a Clinical Neurological Diagnosis
- Neurophysiologic Evaluation
- Cerebrospinal Fluid and Tissue Diagnosis
- Genetic Evaluation in Neurological Diseases
- Neural Control of Urinary Bladder
SECTION 2: NEUROLOGICAL APPROACH TO DIAGNOSIS
- Seizures, Epilepsy, and other Paroxysmal Disorders
- Approach to a Child with Altered Sensorium and Coma
- Approach to Global Developmental Delay and Intellectual Disability
- Approach to a Child with Developmental Regression
- Approach to Neuromuscular Weakness
- Approach to Diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Approach to Diagnosis of Movement Disorders
- Approach to Diagnosis of Ataxia
- Approach to Diagnosis of Headache
SECTION 3: RESIDENTS’ CORNER: EXAM-ORIENTED CASES
- A Case of Cerebral Palsy
- A Case of Tubercular Meningitis
- A Case of Acute Hemiplegia
- A Case of Paraplegia
- A Case of Acute Flaccid Paralysis/Guillain–Barré Syndrome
- A Case of Floppy Infant
- A Case of Muscular Dystrophy
- A Case of Neurodegenerative Disorder
- A Case of Hydrocephalus
SECTION 4: COMMON THERAPEUTIC DILEMMAS
- Antiepileptic Drugs
- Management of Acute Seizure and Status Epilepticus
- Treatment of Infections of Nervous System
- Management of Raised Intracranial Pressure
- Medical Management of Acute Vascular Stroke
- Management of Developmental Disorders
- Treatment of Neuropathies and Myopathies
This book is a practical guide to the diagnosis and treatment of paediatric neurological disorders for trainee and practising paediatricians.
Divided into four sections, the text begins with discussion on neurological evaluation including anatomy and imaging.
The second section covers diagnostic techniques for different neurological disorders including seizures, neuromuscular weakness, autism and ADHD, and movement disorders.
Section three presents a selection of clinical cases similar to those candidates may encounter in postgraduate examinations.
The final section discusses therapeutic methods for a variety of neurological disorders.
The comprehensive text is further enhanced by clinical photographs, tables, and flowcharts.
- Comprehensive guide to diagnosis and management of paediatric neurological disorders
- Covers numerous conditions including seizures, movement disorders, and autism and ADHD
- Provides a selection of clinical cases for trainees preparing for examinations
- Highly illustrated with photographs, tables, and flowcharts
Jaya Shankar Kaushik MD DNB DM
Professor, Department of Paediatrics, Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, Haryana, India
Piyush Gupta MD FIAP FNNF FAMS
Professor and Head, Department of Paediatrics, University College of Medical Sciences and Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, New Delhi, India; President, Indian Academy of Pediatrics 2021