Manual of Echocardiography is a comprehensive and practical guide to the use
of echocardiography in everyday clinical practice.
Divided into thirteen chapters, this book begins with the basic principles of echocardiography and echocardiographic examination. Subsequent chapters cover the valves of the heart and vascular system, prosthetic valves, ischemic heart disease, cardiomyopathies, pericardial disorders, cardiac tumours and congenital heart disease. All commonly used modalities of stress echocardiography are included.
The chapters follow a question and answer format making this an ideal reference book for practitioners wishing to keep their knowledge of echocardiography up to date.
Manual of Echocardiography contains 368 full colour images and illustrations, and is further enhanced by an accompanying DVD providing illustrations and video clips from the book “Comprehensive Textbook of Echocardiography”, also by Professor Nanda. The author team of international cardiovascular experts from the USA and Turkey ensures authoritative content throughout the book.
• Highly illustrated manual on echocardiography
• 368 full colour images and illustrations
• Includes DVD of illustrations and video clips
• US/Turkey author team of cardiovascular experts
1. Basics 2. Echocardiographic Examination 3. Mitral Valve 4. Aortic Valve 5. Aortic Diseases 6. Tricuspid and Pulmonary Valves and Pulmonary Hypertension 7. Prosthetic Valves 8. Left Ventricle 9. Ischemic Heart Disease 10. Cardiomyopathies 11. Pericardial Disorders 12. Cardiac Tumours and Masses 13. Congenital Heart Disease
Navin C Nanda M.D. D.Sc (Hon)
Distinguished Professor of Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease and Director of Echocardiography Laboratories, University of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Aleks Degirmencioglu MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Acibadem University School of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Istanbul, Turkey
Gültekin Karakus MD
Acibadem Maslak Hospital, Division of Cardiology, Istanbul, Turkey