Foetal echocardiography is a test used to diagnose cardiac conditions in the foetal stage. Congenital heart disease is a leading cause of infant mortality, and structural abnormalities of the foetal heart are often missed. The 160+ full colour images in this Atlas will help obstetricians, gynaecologists and cardiologists differentiate between what is normal and what is abnormal from case to case.
The second edition of The Atlas of Fetal Echocardiography explains the concepts of foetal cardiac imaging in a simple and well structured manner. The book consists of 15 chapters, with key points detailed at the end of each section. The lucid language and vivid illustrations of this new edition make each topic easy to understand, from basic embryology to the diagnosis of structural defects.
Full pictorial explanations of new developments in the field of foetal heart examination and a supplementary DVD, further enhance this book.
- Fully illustrated new edition with DVD
- Simple explanations of foetal cardiac imaging including chapter on basics of Doppler
- Details new developments in the field of foetal echocardiography
- First edition published in 2011
Table of Contents
1. Fetal Embryology
3. Basics of Dopler
4. Step by Step Aproach to Fetal Heart
5. Cardiac Examination
6. Normal Situs
7. Four Chamber Heart
8. Dopler Echocardiography
9. Fetal Arhythmias
10. Outflow Tract Abnormalites
11. Fetal Disection
12. Images of Fetal ECHO Tract and Disection
13. Normal Heart Images
14. Fetal Heart Images (Abnormal)
15. Frequently Asked Questions and their Answers
Manish R Pandya MD FICOG FICMCH (Gynaecology)
Endoscopy (CICE France) Professor and Head, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, CU Shah Medical College, Surendranagar, Gujarat, India