Sleep related breathing disorders are a group of disorders that affect breathing when asleep, and are characterised by disruptions of normal breathing patterns that only occur during sleep. The most common sleep related breathing disorders are snoring and sleep apnoea (Medicinenet.com).
This book is a comprehensive guide to sleep related breathing disorders. Beginning with an overview of normal human sleep, the following chapters provide in depth coverage of snoring and sleep apnoea, discussing anatomy and physiology, diagnosis, and both surgical and non-surgical management.
Separate chapters examine the effects of sleep related breathing disorders on other systems of the body, particularly the heart, and obstructive sleep apnoea in children.
- Comprehensive guide to sleep related breathing disorders
- In depth coverage of snoring and sleep apnoea
- Discusses both surgical and non-surgical management
- Includes chapters on effects of sleep related breathing disorders on other body systems
- Normal Human Sleep
- Anatomy and Physiology of Obstructive Sleep Apnea Airways
- Clinical Approach to Patient with Sleep Related Breathing Disorders
- Diagnostic Approach to Sleep Disordered Breathing
- Snoring & and Upper Airways Resistance Syndrome
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Central Sleep Apnea
- Obesity Hypoventilation Syndrome and Complex Sleep Apnea, Obesity Hypoventilation Syndrome
- Cardiac Effects of Sleep-Related Breathing Disorders
- Systemic Effects of Sleep Related Breathing Disorders-Non Cardiac
- Positive Airway Pressure Treatment in Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Surgical Management of Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Dental Sleep Medicine: An Overview
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea In Children
- Peri-Operative Management Of Sleep -Related Breathing