Anil K Lalwani MD
Professor and Vice-Chair for Research, Director, Division of Otology, Neurotology and Skull Base Surgery, Columbia Cochlear Implant Centre, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, USA
Markus HF Pfister MD
Associate Professor of Otolaryngology & Head and Neck Surgery, Affiliated with Klinik St Anna, Lucerne, Hirslanden Group, HNO Sarnen, Switzerland
The third volume of Recent Advances in Otolaryngology brings clinicians and trainees fully up to date with the latest developments in the rapidly changing field of otolaryngology.
Nineteen chapters present new concepts, surgical advances and imaging modalities in each of the subspecialties of otolaryngology. Each chapter begins with a brief summary of the topic, followed by all the recent advances and comprehensive references. A complete chapter is dedicated to geriatric otolaryngology, an emerging subspecialty.
Written by an internationally-recognised author and editor team from the US and Europe, this comprehensive manual includes more than 270 images, illustrations and tables.
The annual publication cycle of this series ensures content is current, topical and highly relevant to clinicians and trainees.
- New volume bringing clinicians up to date with recent advances in otolaryngology
- Covers all subspecialties of otolaryngology
- Author and editor team from the US and Europe
- Includes more than 270 images, illustrations and tables
- Annual publication cycle ensures current, topical content
Table of Contents
1. Transoral Robotic Surgery for Obstructive Sleep Apnea
2. Image Guidance in Sinus Surgery
3. Endoscopic Repair of Cerebrospinal Fluid Leaks
4. Measuring Quality of Life in Nasal Surgery
5. Personalized Therapy in Head and Neck Cancer
6. Vascular Anomalies—Advances and Updates for the Otolaryngologist
7. Open Procedures for Airway Obstruction
8. Hypoglossal Nerve Stimulation for Obstructive Sleep Apnea
9. Cochlear Implants: An Update
10. Implantable Hearing Aids
11. Endoscopic Ear Surgery
12. Some Mechanical Aspects of Implant Coupling
13. Stereotactic Radiosurgery for Acoustic Neuroma
14. Vestibular Rehabilitation
15. Tinnitus T?herapy
16. Geriatric Otolaryngology—An Emerging Subspecialty
17. Genetics in Otolaryngology
18. Botulinum Toxin in Otorhinolaryngology
19. Computer-assisted Surgery of the Paranasal Sinuses and Skull Base