JS Pasricha MD PhD
Professor and Head (Retired), All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Vitiligo is a long-term condition that causes pale, white patches to develop on the skin due to lack of a chemical called melanin. It can affect any area of the skin, but most commonly occurs on skin exposed to the sun, such as the face, neck and hands (NHS Choices).
This book is a concise guide to the treatment of vitiligo, with emphasis on the Modified Oral Mini-pulse regimen developed by the author. Beginning with an overview of the condition and general principles for treating skin diseases, the following chapters discuss treatment protocols for vitiligo, mistakes commonly made by clinicians, and also offers case histories.
- Concise guide to the treatment of vitiligo
- Emphasis on Modified Oral Mini-pulse regimen developed by the author
- Presents various case histories
- Includes nearly 70 clinical photographs and tables
Table of Contents
1. Vitiligo is Curable
2. General Principles for Curing Skin Diseases
3. Treatment Protocol for Vitiligo
4. Case Histories
5. Mistakes Committed by Other Practitioners
6. Repigmentation of the Vitiligo Lesions during Treatment