Jason C Eck DO MS Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon, Centre for Sports
Medicine and Orthopaedics, Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA
Christian P DiPaola MD Assistant Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Massachusetts, USA
Spinal disorders are common medical conditions and can seriously affect a patient’s quality of life.This book is a comprehensive guide to the diagnosis and treatment of spinal disorders, for trainees.
Beginning with an introduction to the anatomy and biomechanics of the spine, the following chapters describe the pathophysiology, diagnosis and both surgical and non surgical treatment options for different disorders, including spinal cord injury, cervical disc disease, adult scoliosis, and spinal tumours.
A complete chapter is dedicated to spinal imaging as a crucial component for diagnosis, helping reduce cost, as well as the need for invasive surgical investigations. The final chapter discusses bone grafting for spinal reconstruction.
Authored by internationally recognised specialists from the
USA, this invaluable guide includes nearly 230 images, diagrams and tables.
- Comprehensive guide to diagnosis and management of spinal disorders
- Covers anatomy, biomechanics, pathophysiology and surgical and non surgical treatment
- Separate chapters dedicated to spinal imaging and bone grafting
- Internationally recognised US author team
Table of Contents
1. Anatomy of the Spine
2. Spinal Imaging
3. Spinal Biomechanics
4. History and Physical Examination of the Spine
5. Cervical Disk Disease
6. Cervical Spine Stenosis
7. Cervical Spine Trauma
8. Spinal Cord Injury
9. Lumbar Disk Disease
10. Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
11. Lumbar Spondylolisthesis
12. Thoracolumbar Spine Trauma
13. Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
14. Adult Scoliosis
15. Inflammatory Disorders of the Spine
16. Osteoporosis of the Spine
17. Spinal Infections
18. Spinal Tumors
19. Bone Grafting