Niti Khunger MD DNB DDV
Consultant Dermatologist and Professor, VM Medical College and Safdarjang Hospital, New Delhi, India
This book is a step by step guide to the management of scars caused by acne. Beginning with an introduction to the pathophysiology of acne scars, types of scars and prevention, the following chapters discuss different treatment methods, from more basic topical management to surgical procedures. Different types of scars and their management are covered in depth.
Presented in an easy to read format, each topic begins with an ‘In a Nutshell’ box summarising the key points of the chapter. An introduction to the treatment, followed by pre-procedure assessment and preparation, performing the procedure, post-procedure care, and complications, follow. Each section ends with a conclusion and references for further reading.
This practical book includes more than 200 clinical photographs, diagrams and tables to enhance learning.
- Step by step guide to the management of acne scars
- Covers basic topical treatment and more advanced surgical procedures
- Easy to read layout with key points boxes at start of each chapter
- Includes more than 200 photographs, illustrations and tables
Table of Contents
1. Pathophysiology of Acne Scars?
2. Types of Acne Scars and Severity
3. Prevention of Acne Scars
4. Topical Treatment
5. Chemical Peels for Acne Scars
6. CROSS Technique for Acne Scars
8. Punch Excision Techniques
9. Microneedling for Acne Scars
10. Microdermabrasion for Acne Scars
11. Lasers and Light Devices for Acne Scars
12. Fillers and Autologous Fat for Acne Scars
13. Icepick Scars
14. Boxcar Scars
15. Rolling Scars
16. Linear Scars
17. Papular Scars
18. Keloids, Hypertrophic and Bridging Scars
19. Difficult Case Discussion
20. Acne Scars: Complication of Treatment and Their Management