Synopsis of Pathology provides a concise overview of pathology for medical trainees. Divided into two sections, general pathology and systemic pathology, the first chapters discuss topics such as cell injury and death, tissue repair and regeneration, immune system diseases, genetic and paediatric diseases and nutritional diseases.
The section on systemic pathology describes pathology of specific regions of the anatomy, including heart, liver, pancreas, endocrine system, skin and nervous system.
Presented in a quick reference, easy to follow format, this resource includes numerous tables, text boxes, flow charts and illustrations to highlight key points and enhance learning.
50 clinical essay questions are included, as well as clinical pathology notes on diagnosis, key topics and laboratory values, and an extensive bibliography.
· Concise overview of pathology for medical trainees
· Covers general and systemic pathology, with in depth discussion on different anatomical organs
· Quick reference format with numerous tables, text boxes, flow charts and illustrations
· Includes 50 clinical essay questions, notes on diagnosis, key topics and laboratory values
Table of Contents
· Cell Injury, Cell Death and Adaptations
· Acute and Chronic Inflammation
· Tissue Repair, Regeneration, Healing and Fibrosis
· Hemodynamic Disorders, Thrombosis and Shock
· Diseases of Immune System
· Genetic and Pediatric Diseases
· Environmental and Nutritional Diseases
· General Pathology of Infectious Diseases
· Blood Vessels
· Hematopoietic and Lymphoid Systems
· Kidney and its Collecting System
· Oral Cavity and GIT
· Liver, Gallbladder and Biliary Tract
· Male Genital System
· Female Genital System and Breast
· Endocrine System
· Musculoskeletal System
· Nervous System
Most Important Topics
Important Laboratory Values
Anoop N MBBS
Government Medical College, Thrissur, Kerala, India