Nail abnormalities are common and appearances can be difficult to diagnose with certainty. They may be a sign of an underlying internal disease or disorder so it is vital that correct diagnosis and treatment are achieved.
This book is a comprehensive guide to the anatomy, infections, inflammatory disorders and tumours of the nail. Beginning with detailed discussion on nail evolution, anatomy, embryology, biochemistry, blood supply and functions, the following chapters examine numerous nail disorders in children and adults.
The final chapters describe nail surgery and nail cosmetics, discussing the advantages and disadvantages of various products.
The thorough text is further enhanced by numerous full colour illustrations, clinical pictures and dermatoscopic images, to assist learning.
· Comprehensive guide to disorders of the nail
· Describes in detail the anatomy, embryology and functions of nail
· Discusses infections, inflammatory disorders and tumours in all age groups
· Separate chapters on nail surgery and nail cosmetics
· Includes more than 275 full colour illustrations, clinical pictures and dermatoscopic images