The second volume ofRecent Advances in Otolaryngology brings clinicians and
trainees fully up to date with the latest developments in the rapidly changing
field of otolaryngology.
Eighteen chapters present new concepts, surgical advances and imaging modalities in each of the subspecialties of otolaryngology. Each chapter begins with a brief summary of the topic, followed by all the recent advances and comprehensive references.
Written by an internationally-recognised author and editor team from the US and Europe, this comprehensive manual includes more than 230 full colour images and illustrations.
The rapid publication cycle of this series (Volume 1 published in 2012) ensures the content is current, topical and highly relevant to clinicians.
- New volume bringing clinicians up to date with recent advances in otolaryngology
- Covers all subspecialties of otolaryngology
- Experienced author and editor team from the US and Europe
- Includes more than 230 full colour images and illustrations
- Previous volume published in 2012 ensuring current and topical content
Table of Contents
1. Advances in Airway Vascular Lesion Assessment and Treatment
2. What is New in Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy?
3. Sensorineural Hearing Loss in Children
4. Migranous Vertigo
5. Nonsurgical Alternatives for Treatment of Single-Sided Deafness (SSD)
6. Aspects of Ossiculoplasty
7. Human Papillomavirus in Head and Neck Cancer
8. Ultrasound in Head and Neck Surgery
9. Chemoradiation for Management of Locally Advanced Head and Neck Cancer
10. Role of PET Scanning in Head and Neck Cancer
11. Midface Lifting
12. Free Flap Reconstruction in Head and Neck
13. News in Clinical Olfaction and Gustation: Diagnostic Tools
14. Transorbital Skull Base Surgery
15. Nasal Polyposis
16. Biofilms in Otorhinolaryngology
17. Advances in Head and Neck Imaging
18. Office-Based Laryngeal Surgery
Anil K Lalwani MD
Professor and Vice Chair for Research, Director, Division of Otology, Neurotology and Skull Base Surgery, Director, Columbia Cochlear Implant Centre, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, USA
Markus H F Pfister MD
Associate Professor of Otolaryngology & Head and Neck Surgery, Affiliated with Klinik St Anna, Lucerne, Hirslanden Group, HNO Sarnen, Switzerland