Cardiothoracic surgery is constantly evolving with the development of new technologies and procedures.
This concise guide brings cardiothoracic surgeons and residents fully up to date with the latest techniques in their field. Divided into three sections, the book begins with discussion on thoracic surgery, with an emphasis on the lungs and pulmonary function testing, and their influence on cardiovascular surgery.
The following sections examine different surgical procedures in both adults and children.
Each chapter is presented with illustrations and tables to assist learning, making the book invaluable for cardiothoracic and vascular surgery residents, as well as practising surgeons.
· Concise guide to latest techniques and procedures in cardiothoracic
· Discusses thoracic surgery and cardiac surgery in adults and children
· Emphasis on importance of pulmonary function testing
· Includes illustrations and tables to assist learning
Chander Mohan Mittal MBBS (AIIMS) MS (AIIMS) MRCS (Glas) MCh CTVS (AIIMS)
Associate Consultant, Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery (CTVS), BL Kapur Memorial Hospital, New Delhi, India
Table of Contents
Section 1: Thoracic Surgery
1. Pulmonary Function Tests in Current Perspective
2. Thoracic Trauma and Emergencies: An Update
Section 2: Adult Cardiac Surgery
1. Percutaneous Valve Implantation
2. Myocardial Preservation
3. Aortic Diseases: Valve Conserving Surgeries
4. Right Ventricular Function Assessment
5. Role of PET in Cardiovascular Diseases
6. Transesophageal Echocardiography
Section 3: Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
1. Fontan Operation: Current Perspective
2. Pediatric Myocardial Preservation