Cataracts are a very common condition and over time can lead to blindness if untreated. Cataracts are the most common cause of blindness worldwide.
Part of the World Clinics in Ophthalmology series, these two volumes provide an up to date review of cataract management. Beginning with an introduction to preoperative selection for cataract surgery, the following chapters discuss different techniques and their advantages and disadvantages.
Volume two includes chapters on cataract surgery in complex situations, combined cataract and glaucoma surgery and new concepts of femtosecond laser.
With contributions from specialists in the USA, Spain and South Asia, these two volumes include more than 270 full colour images and illustrations. Each chapter ends with a summary by the Editor-in-Chief.
· Comprehensive, two volumes presenting complete review of cataract
· Examines advantages and disadvantages of numerous techniques
· Internationally recognised author and editor team
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Preoperative Selection for Cataract Surgery
- Chapter 2: Optimizing Refractive Outcome: Surgical Correction of Astigmatism in Cataract Surgery
- Chapter 3: IOL Power Calculation in Standard and Complex Cases
- Chapter 4: Dynamics of Nucleus Emulsification
- Chapter 5: Transition from Standard Phacoemulsification to Bi-Manual
- Chapter 6: Micro-Incision Cataract Surgery (MICS)
- Chapter 7: Microcoaxial and Torsional Phaco
- Chapter 1: Pearls of Supracapsular Surgery Using the Tilt and Tumble Technique
- Chapter 2: Strategies for Handling the Hard Nucleus
- Chapter 3: Problems and Management of Subluxated Lenses
- Chapter 4: Premium Intraocular Lenses in Cataract Surgery
- Chapter 5: Combined Cataract and Glaucoma Surgery
- Chapter 6: Updated Management of Congenital Cataract
- Chapter 7: New Concepts of Femtosecond Laser in Cataract Surgery
- Chapter 8: Cataract Surgery in Complex Situations
Arnaldo Espaillat Matos MD
Medical Director, Instituto Espaillat Cabral Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Amar Agarwal MS FRCS FRC Ophth
Eye Research Centre & Dr Agarwal’s Group of Eye Hospitals, India
Richard Lindstrom MD
Founder & Attending Surgeon, Minnesota Eye Consultants, PA; Adjunct Professor Emeritus, Dept Ophthalmology, University of Minnesota, USA