Pain Management is the first volume in the World Clinics: Anesthesia, Critical Care & Pain series. It presents evidence-based reviews of current protocols in the management of pain.
Beginning with an overview of pain and its mechanisms, the following sections examine different sources of pain and approaches for its management.
Both acute and chronic pain are covered, as well as pain management in children and the elderly.
Separate chapters are dedicated to non-pharmacotherapeutic management techniques including physiotherapy and yoga.
With contributions from recognized international experts, this volume includes more than 100 full colour clinical photographs, illustrations and tables.
· First volume in World Clinics: Anesthesia, Critical Care & Pain
· Presents evidence-based reviews of current protocols for pain management
· Covers acute and chronic pain and non-drug therapies
· Contributions from experts in the UK, USA, Europe and Asia
· Includes more than 100 full colour photographs, illustrations and tables