The Eye in History is a comprehensive manual describing the structure and function of the eye, ocular disorders and their treatment.
Beginning with an introduction to anatomy and discussion on different disorders, the authors also review eye diseases of famous historical people and perception differences between men and women.
The final sections discuss eye surgery and future technologies including the bionic eye, nanotechnology and gene therapy.
Edited by Frank Joseph Goes of the Goes Eye Centre in Belgium, this multi-authored book has contributions from specialists throughout Europe, as well as the USA. 830 full colour images and illustrations assist comprehension.
· Comprehensive guide to structure and function of the eye, ocular disorders
· Includes sections on eye diseases of famous historical people, the art of painting and perception
· Discusses future technologies including bionic eye, nanotechnology and gene therapy
· Edited by Frank Joseph Goes of Goes Eye Centre, Belgium, with contributions from authors across Europe and the USA
· Features 830 full colour images and illustrations
Frank Joseph Goes MD
Senior Consultant and Founder, Goes Eye Centre, Antwerp, Belgium