Laparoscopic surgery is a minimally invasive technique whereby a small incision is made in the abdomen allowing a surgeon to look inside the body and perform certain operations.
This comprehensive guide brings surgeons fully up to date with the latest procedures in laparoscopic surgery. Beginning with an introduction to the technique (equipment, sterilisation, dissection, suturing and anaesthesia), the following sections discuss general surgical procedures, gynaecological procedures, paediatric laparoscopy and laparoscopic urology.
Each section describes numerous different procedures, with the final chapters discussing complications, training, robotic surgery, the future of laparoscopic surgery and more.
This new edition includes more than 1220 colour images and illustrations and a DVD depicting surgical procedures.
· Comprehensive, fully updated guide to laparoscopic surgery
· Discusses numerous procedures in general, gynaecological, paediatric and urological laparoscopic surgery
· More than 1220 colour images and illustrations
· Includes DVD of laparoscopic surgery procedures
· Previous edition published in 2009
RK Mishra MBBS MS MMAS MRCS FMAS DMAS PhD
Director, Laparoscopy Hospital, New Delhi; Professor and Head of Minimal Access Surgery, The Global Open (TGO) University, Nagaland, India