Keratoconus is degeneration of the structure of the cornea. The cornea is the clear tissue covering the front of the eye. The shape of the cornea slowly changes from the normal round shape to a cone shape. (PubMed Health).
This book is a step by step guide to the diagnosis and treatment of keratoconus. Beginning with an introduction to the classification and patterns of the disease, the following section examines treatment options, discussing in detail when to treat, why to use a particular treatment modality and why not to use other treatment options.
Nine case studies are presented, as well as a final self assessment section allowing students to test their knowledge.
- Step by step guide to the diagnosis and treatment of keratoconus
- Clear discussion on which treatments to use and why Nine case studies presented with detailed explanations Includes self assessment section More than 200 colour images and illustrations
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Classifications and Patterns of Keratoconus and Ectatic Corneal Disorders
- Chapter 2: Management of Keratoconus
- Chapter 3: Case Study
- Chapter 4: Self-Assessment
Mazen M Sinjab MD MS CAB(OPHTH) PHD
Assistant Professor, Damascus University; Consultant in Anterior Segment and Refractive Surgery, Senior Lecturer in Al Mouasat University Hospital, Damascus; Supervisor of Residency Program in the Ophthalmology Department, Damascus University, Syria