Knee arthroplasty is a surgical procedure to replace the weight-bearing surfaces of the knee joint to relieve the pain and disability of osteoarthritis. It may also be performed for other knee diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis.
Improving Accuracy in Knee Arthroplasty discusses new technology allowing the design of implants to be adapted for individual patients. Beginning with an introduction to knee alignment and misalignment, the following sections examine anatomical landmarks in the normal and arthritic knee, instruments, navigation in knee arthroplasty, robotics and soft tissue guided surgery.
With contributions from a renowned author and editor team from the UK, USA and Europe, this comprehensive manual includes more than 400 colour images and illustrations.
- Comprehensive guide to improving accuracy in knee arthroplasty
- Discusses new technology allowing implant design to be adapted to individual patients
- Renowned author and editor team from the UK, USA and Europe
- More than 400 colour images and illustrations
Table Of Contents
- What is Alignment and Malalignment?
- Alignment? How Do We Measure It?
- Frontal and Sagittal Alignment in Knee Arthroplasty
- Rotational Alignment in Knee Arthroplasty
- Finding Anatomical Landmarks in the Normal and Arthritic Knee
- Patient’s Anatomy: To Change or To Reconstruct?
- Alignment and Biomechanics: A Surgeon’s Perspective
- The Impact of the Foot on Weight Bearing Alignment
- Intra-articular Impact of Extra-articular Alignment Deformity
- Navigation in Knee Arthroplasty
- Mimics Software in Knee Arthroplasty
- Patient Specific Instruments: Past, Present and Future
- MRI and CT-based Cutting Guides Type MyKnee
- MRI and CT-based Pinning Guides Type Signature
- Kinematically Aligned TKA with MRI-based Cutting Guides
- MRI-based Pin Guide Patient Specific Instruments
- Full Leg and MRI-based Cutting Guides Type Visionaire
- CT-based Cutting Guides Type Prophecy
- CT-based Cutting Guides Type TruMatch
- Individualized Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Unicompartmental Arthroplasty with Patient Specific Guides
- Unicompartmental Arthroplasty with Patient Specific Instruments for the Zimmer Unicompartmental High Flex Knee
- Robotic Knee Arthroplasty Type MAKO Plasty Patient Matched Robotic Unicondylar Arthroplasty PSI as a Teaching Tool Soft Tissue-based Alignment with E-Libra
Emmanuel Thienpont MD MBA
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University Hospital Saint Luc, Brussels, Belgium