Endometriosis is a gynaecological condition where tissue similar to the lining of the womb, grows in other areas of the body, most commonly on the ovaries. This tissue responds to hormones in the same way as the lining of the womb but with no outlet it can cause inflammation, scarring and adhesions, leading to severe pain and many other symptoms.
Part of the World Clinics: Obstetrics & Gynecology series, this book discusses progress in the diagnosis and treatment of endometriosis.
Beginning with an introduction to the pathogenesis of the disease, the following chapters are each dedicated to a different condition that may manifest itself in tandem with, or as a result of endometriosis, including uterine fibroids, cysts, adenomyosis, ovarian cancer and subfertility. The effects of endometriosis on the urinary tract, gastrointestinal tract and the thoracic organs, are also discussed.
With well-known editors and contributors from the USA and Europe, this book includes 44 images to help understanding.
- Discusses progress in diagnosis and treatment of endometriosis
- Covers numerous conditions resulting from, or manifesting with the disease
- Renowned editors and authors from Europe and USA
- Part of World Clinics: Obstetrics & Gynecology series – previous edition Recurrent Miscarriage published 2011
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1. Pathogenesis of Endometriosis
- Chapter 2. Adolescent Endometriosis
- Chapter 3. Endometriomas
- Chapter 4. Adenomyosis
- Chapter 5. Endometriosis and Leiomyoma
- Chapter 6. Endometriosis and Subfertility
- Chapter 7. Endometriosis and Assisted Reproduction
- Chapter 8. Deep Infiltrating Endometriosis of the Pelvis
- Chapter 9. Urinary Tract Endometriosis
- Chapter 10. Laparoscopic Management of Intestinal Endometriosis
- Chapter 11. Thoracic Endometriosis Syndrome
- Chapter 12. Endometriosis and Ovarian Cancer
- Chapter 13. Endometriosis: Medical Therapy
- Chapter 14. Novel Pain Relief Agents in Endometriosis
Mala Arora FRCOG (UK) FICOG FICMCH Director, Noble IVF Centre, Faridabad; Consultant, Fortis La Femme, Greater Kailash, New Delhi, India
Camran Nezhat MD FACOG FACS Centre for Special Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgery, Palo Alto, CA, USA
Vijaya Kumari MD FACOG Attending Staff, St John’s Mercy Medical Centre, St Louis, MO, USA
Siladitya Bhattacharya MD FRCOG Professor of Reproductive Medicine, Division of Applied Health Sciences, School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Aberdeen; Aberdeen Maternity Hospital, UK