This book is a step by step guide to the practical management of protocols in clinical embryology and Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART).
Beginning with an introduction to setting up an ART centre and selecting patients for In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF), the text then discusses the various procedures and protocols, and their advantages and disadvantages.
The final chapters discuss the role of ultrasound, as well as ethical and legal issues associated with ART.
More than 250 colour images and illustrations assist understanding, along with an ancillary DVD showing procedures related to ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection), Ovum pick up, laboratory protocols, PESA (Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration); as well as demonstrating different techniques for gamete freezing and embryo transfer and reduction.
- Step by step guide to protocols in clinical embryology and Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Examines the advantages and disadvantages of different procedures and protocols
- Includes chapter on ethical and legal issues
- More than 250mcolour images and illustrations
- Includes DVD illustrating different procedures and techniques
Table of Contents
- Setting up of an ART Centre
- Selection and Preparation of an IVF Patient
- Semen Analysis and Assessment of the Male Partner
- Role of GnRH Agonists and Antagonists in ART
- Embryo Transfer and Troubleshooting
- Ovum Pickup and Troubleshooting
- Embryo Selection
- Culture Media in IVF and Embryo Culture
- Andrology and Beyond
- Intracytoplasm Sperm Injection and Troubleshooting
- Gamete Cryopreservation
- Embryo Vitrification
- Endometrial Receptivity and Luteal Support
- Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome
- Multifetal Pregnancy Reduction
- Ultrasound Assessment of Endometrial Receptivity and Oocyte and Embryo Quality
- Ethical and Legal Aspects in ART
Lt Col Pankaj Talwar VSM Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) Centre, Army Hospital (Research and Referral), New Delhi, India
Surveen Ghumann Sindhu MD FICOG Senior Specialist Safdarjung Hospital; Assistant Professor, Vardhman Mahavir Medical College, New Delhi, India