This manual covers all types of lower back pain. Beginning with an introduction to low back ache, the text examines uncommon disorders, such as spina bifida, scoliosis and tuberculosis spine, and then common conditions, for example, intervertebral disk prolapse.
With nearly 270 images and illustrations, the book also discusses the common causes of lower back pain – poor posture, sedentary lifestyle; and the uncommon causes such as diseases of the lower spine, or radiating pain from the abdominal and genitourinary organs.
Short summaries, clinical photographs, X-rays and anecdotes are provided for easy reference and to help understanding.
- Covers both common and uncommon causes of lower back pain
- Discusses range of conditions and disorders and their diagnosis and treatment
- Includes nearly 270 illustrations and images including clinical photographs and X-rays
- Short summaries, references and anecdotes provided to assist learning
Table of Contents
Section I: INTRODUCTION
1. Introduction to Low Backache
Section II: UNCOMMON BACKACHE
2. Uncommon Causes for Low Backaches
3. Spina Bifi da (Occulta and Manifesta)
4. Ankylosing Spondylitis
8. Seronegative Spondyloarthropathies
9. Lumbar Spondylosis and Lumbar Canal Stenosis
10. Old Thoracic and Thoracolumbar Injuries
11. Tuberculosis Spine
Section III: COMMON BACKACHE
12. Intervertebral Disk Prolapse
13. Common Causes for Low Backache
John Ebnezar MBBS D’Ortho DNB (Ortho) MNAMS (Ortho) DAc DMT CEO, Parimala Health Care Services, Ebnezar Orthopaedic Centre, Dr John’s Orthopaedic Clinic, Bangalore, Karnataka, India