The second edition of this atlas has been fully updated to give students and practitioners a detailed guide on paediatric and adolescent gynaecology.
Beginning with an introduction to the “normal” female patient, examining techniques and sonography, the following chapters discuss different obstetric and gynaecological conditions that may occur in childhood and adolescence.
Nearly 450 colour images and illustrations, including 2D and 3D ultrasound pictures, help present actual cases.
The first edition of this atlas was published in 2009 and was awarded the Outstanding Book of the Year Award, 2010, by the National Academy of Science and Technology (NAST), Philippines.
- Fully updated, second edition of Atlas of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
- Discusses both “normal” and “abnormal” conditions
- New edition is in colour and includes almost 45 images and illustrations
- First edition published in 2009 and was awarded Outstanding Book of the Year Award, 2010, by the National Academy of Science and Technology (NAST), Philippines
Table of Contents
- The Female Pediatric Patient: Normal Genitalia and Examining Techniques
- Sonography in Pediatric Gynecology
- Abnormalities in Development
- Abnormalities in Sexual Differentiation
- Vulvovaginal Disorders
- Normal and Precocious Puberty
- Delayed Puberty
- Hyperandrogenism in the Adolescent
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome in Adolescents
- Menstrual Dysfunction in Adolescents
- Urologic Causes of Pelvic Pain in Young and Adolescent Girls
- Gynecologic and Other Causes of Pelvic Pain
- Gynecologic Tumors in Pediatric Patients
- Adolescent Sexuality and Teenage Pregnancy
- Immunization for Adolescents
- Sexual Abuse of Children and Adolescents
- Genital Trauma in the Pediatric and Adolescent Female
- Endoscopy in Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
- Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology as a Subspecialty in the Philippines
Corazon Yabes-Almirante MD MSc PhD FPOGS FPCS FIFEPAG Centre Chief, Perinatal-Neonatology-Paediatric Gynaecology Centre, Philippines
Franklin P Atencio MD FPOGS FPCS Project Director, Advanced Pelvic Surgery, East Avenue Medical Centre, Philippines
Blanca C de Guia MD MSc FPOGS FPSREI FPSUOG FIFEPAG Professor, Section of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Dept of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, University of the Philippines College of Medicine and the Philippine General Hospital; Head, Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology Unit, Philippine Children’s Medical Centre, Philippines