3D echocardiography is an ultrasound technique allowing cardiographers to see three-dimensional images of the heart in real time, rather than the traditional two-dimensional images. This allows more accurate assessment and management of valvular and congenital heart disease.
This manual is a concise guide to 3D echocardiography. Beginning with an introduction to the technique, the following chapters discuss its use in the evaluation of different heart conditions.
With more than 160 colour images and illustrations, including 3D echo clippings presented in atlas format, this manual also includes a free DVD introducing 3D echocardiography and illustrating its techniques.
- Concise guide to 3D echocardiography and its techniques
- Discusses its use in evaluating different types of heart disease
- Includes free DVD illustrating techniques
- More than 160 colour images and illustrations
- Features 3D echo clippings in atlas format
V Amuthan MD DM FACC
Professor and Head, Department of Cardiology, Madurai Medical College, Tamil Nadu, India