This manual is a concise guide to Safe and Effective Gynecological Endoscopic & Minimal Access Surgery. Beginning with an introduction to safety aspects of endoscopic surgery, instruments and patient selection, each chapter discusses the safe use of laparoscopic surgery with a different medical condition.
With more than 250 images and illustrations, the book also includes chapters on complications of surgery, maintenance and sterilisation of equipment, and medical negligence.
- Concise guide to safe gynaecological endoscopic and minimal access surgery
- Discusses laparoscopic surgery for numerous different medical conditions
- Additional chapters examine choice, maintenance and sterilisation of equipment, patient selection, complications and medical negligence
- More than 250 images and illustrations
Table of Contents
- Is Safety an Option or Necessity in Endoscopic Surgery?
- Operation Theater Set-up for Safe Gynecological Endoscopy
- Selecting Optimum Instruments for Safe Gynecological Endoscopic Surgery
- Patient Selection for Gynecological Endoscopic Surgery to Make it Safe
- Safe Anesthesia for Gynecological Endoscopic Surgery
- Operative Laparoscopic Surgery Step by Step for Achieving Safety
- Making Laparoscopic Myomectomy Safe
- Ectopic Pregnancy: How to Make it Safe for Patient, Tubes and Fertility
- How to Make Laparoscopic Surgery Safe for Advanced Endometriosis
- How to Make Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Safe?
- Safe Laparoscopic Surgery for Prolapse in Young Patient and Vault Prolapse
- Laparoscopic Adenomyomectomy
- Safe and Efficient Laparoscopic Suturing
- Hysteroscopy—An Art to Achieve Excellence with Safety
- Safe Management of Female Urinary Incontinence
- Performing Safe Multicompartment Mesh Replacement Surgery
- Training and Credentialing in Endoscopic Surgery
- Conquering Complications of Laparoscopic and Urogynecologic Minimal Access Surgery to Make it Safe for Patients
- Resist Temptation or to Try New Techniques for Experience Before Evidence
- How to Make Ambulatory Endoscopist’s Surgery Safe?
- Maintenance and Sterilization of Endoscopic and Minimal Access Surgery Instruments and Equipment
- Medical Law—What is What and What is not Medical Negligence
Prakash H Trivedi MD DGO DNB FCPS Director of National Institute of Laser and Endoscopic Surgery and Aakar IVF Centre, Mumbai; Professor and Head, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rajawadi Municipal Hospital, Mumbai; Gynaecological Endoscopist and Urogynaecologist and Advanced Infertility Consultant, Jaslok and Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) Hospital, Mumbai, India