This book reports the recent progress in gene and cell therapy through the liver and aims to facilitate a comprehensive understanding of the current aspects and future prospects from basic research to clinical therapies. Edited by pioneering researchers, this volume presents extensive information to principal investigators, researchers, postdocs and clinicians for examining the wide varieties of pathological conditions both inside and outside the liver.
Providing not only the basic and clinical aspects of therapy, this volume is special in that it focuses on the administrative and regulatory difficulties of actual clinical application and legal regulations in different parts of the globe. By indicating the advantages and limitations of the most promising gene and cell therapies targeting the liver, this book will inspire readers to develop a feasible treatment in the next generation.
- Provides extensive information for examining the wide varieties of pathological conditions both inside and outside the liver
- Focuses on cell therapy, gene therapy, and legal regulation of the application of therapies in different parts of the globe
- Is especially relevant for principal investigators, researchers, postdocs and clinicians regarding current aspects and future prospects
1. Liver-Targeted Gene and Cell Therapies: An Overview.-
Part I. Cell Therapy.-
2. Macrophage Therapy for Liver Fibrosis and Regeneration.-
3. Liver Regeneration Therapy Using Autologous Bone Marrow-Derived Cells for Cirrhotic Patients.-
4. Novel Immunotherapy Using Liver Natural Killer Cells for Preventing Recurrence of Hepatocellular Carcinoma in Liver Transplantation.-
5. Cell-Based Immunotherapy for HCC: Our Experiences and Future Directions.-
Part II. Gene Therapy.-
6. AAV Vector-Mediated Liver Gene Therapy and Its Implementation for Hemophilia.-
7. Potential Usage of Human Artificial Chromosome for Regenerative Medicine.-
8. Image-Guided Hydrodynamic Gene Delivery to the Liver: Toward Clinical Applications.-
Part III. Legal Regulation
9. The Way to Clinical Applications of Human Pluripotent Stem Cells.-
10. Regulation for Gene and Cell Therapy Medicinal Products in Europe.-
11. IPSC-Derived Products: Current Regulations.-
12. Critical Path Initiative for Regenerative Medicine in Japan.-
13. Aseptic Manufacturing of Regenerative Medicine Products Using Isolator Technology.-
14. Cell and Vector Production Facility for Gene Therapy and Cell Therapy.