A unique source of the latest available data
The pineal region is an anatomic location where various intracranial tumors, in particular germ cell tumors and pineal parenchymal tumors, occur. Interestingly, pineal germ cell tumors are detected more frequently in Asian countries, including Japan, while pineal parenchymal tumors are less frequent in Asia than in the United States and Europe.
This publication takes advantage of the knowledge and experience of Japanese experts in pineal tumors, with emphasis on epidemiology and pathological diagnosis. A variety of treatment modalities including radiotherapy, radiosurgery, surgical therapy and chemotherapy are also discussed.
This valuable book will enhance the knowledge on pineal tumor treatment of not only neurosurgeons and radiation oncologists but also neurologists, neuro-oncologists, pediatricians and neuropathologists interested in pineal region tumors.
Table of Contents
- Title Page / List of Contents / Series Editor’s Note / Preface
- Statistical Analysis of Pineal Tumors Based on the Data of Brain Tumor Registry of Japan
Shibui, S. ; Nomura, K.
Tumors of Pineal Cell Origin
- Pathology of Pineal Parenchymal Tumors
Sato, K. ; Kubota, T.
- Occipital Transtentorial Approach and Combined Treatments for Pineal Parenchymal Tumors
Tsumanuma, I. ; Tanaka, R. ; Fujii, Y.
- Role of Stereotactic Radiosurgery in the Management of Pineal Parenchymal Tumors
Kano, H. ; Niranjan, A. ; Kondziolka, D. ; Flickinger, J.C. ; Lunsford, L.D.
Tumors of Germ Cell Origin
- Pathology of Intracranial Germ Cell Tumors
Sato, K. ; Takeuchi, H. ; Kubota, T.
- Pineal Germ Cell Tumors
- Strategy of Combined Treatment of Germ Cell Tumors
- Radiation Therapy for Intracranial Germ Cell Tumors
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery for Pineal and Related Tumors
Mori, Y. ; Kobayashi, T. ; Hasegawa, T. ; Yoshida, K. ; Kida, Y.
- Management of Central Nervous System Germinoma: Proposal for a Modern Strategy
- Quality of Life of Extremely Long-Time Germinoma Survivors Mainly Treated with Radiotherapy
Sugiyama, K. ; Yamasaki, F. ; Kurisu, K. ; Kenjo, M. ;
- Author Index
- Subject Index